British music Vs American music?

in my honest opinion, i think Britain has the better music as we have such a variety! Who do you think and why?

Favorite Answer

For some one to say there was no American Invasion of England does not know their music history. Let me see all of these rock bands have taken their music from the blues and rock and roll out of America. So yes there was a very big invasion, which has left it's mark on English musicians. One can not take anything away with the Brits as they perfected the rock end of the music.

I have just as many American bands in my well over 3000 vinyl collection. But I do have to say I listen to more British bands, such as The Stone, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd.

And no one country has the better music, if that is the case then it would have to be America where all rock started, which was taught to the British.

I would say they are about the same:

Americans have, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Blood Sweat and Tears, Chicago, Paul Butterfield's Blues Band, J. Geils Band, Jefferson Airplane, The Eagles, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Jimi Hendrix The Band of Gypsys, Janis Joplin, Johnny Winter, Tracy Chapam, Jim Croce, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, GeorgeThorogood, Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger, Mamas and Papas, Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, Joan Baez, The Temptations, Otis Redding, Wilson Picket, Sly and The Family Stone, Simon And Garfunkel, Carol King, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffet, The Greatful Dead, Country Joe And The Fish, Bloodrock, Blue Cheer, Everly Brothers, The Doobie Brothers, The Chamber Brothers, The Alman Brothers Band, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, Willie Nelson, Randy Newman, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet, Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, Billy Haley And The Comets, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Styx, Journey, Electric Light Orchestra, Boston, Foreigner, Kansas, Supertramp and Electric Light Orchestra,Alice Cooper, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, New York Dolls, Billy Joel, Guns N Roses, Vanilla Fudge, Iron Butterfly, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Grand Funk Railroad, Three Dog Night, Patti Smith, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Booker T. and MGs, Dead Kennedys, The Cars, Blondie, The Velvet Underground, Metallica, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Bob Seger, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, John Cougar, Steve Earle, Frank Sinatra, Nirvana.

And I could go on and on, as I could with the British artist, but when morning comes, it all falls back on the USA.

take care

dave

Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt

British music?

British is a political term.

Now ...none.

In the past.. British ..just!