Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 years ago

How to open a business ?

I am 20 years old and I'm in college. I am currently undecided about my major. Although I'm thinking about going for business.

My family always asks me what I want to do in the future and honestly I have no idea. And it scares me.

I would really like to have a little store. But my family says that is unrealistic and won't happen. I don't even know how to get my own business someday, but that is a dream of mine.

I would love to own a clothing store, but I can't make my own clothes, so where would the clothes come from ? I know nothing about that.

Can someone give me advice?

Favorite Answer

For one major in business and you need a financial backing to start a storefront business whether it be from yourself or an investor or a government grant but before investing your own live savings for a business start small as long as you have a ebay account and a website with a logo and something fancy about a company you can start small making a type of jewelry necklaces bracelets and so on sell them on smaller sites like yahoo Facebook ebay craigslist and have links to your website on all of them and leave little business cards everywhere you go and slowly reinvest the money into your business and watch it grow

• Steve

There was this haberdasher I met when I was 20. He had a tie store, but he had everything to go with them. I came into his store, looking for a suit for an interview. He set me up with the perfect suit for me, for the interview in question.

Not only did I get the job, but I've never felt more comfortable in a suit. It gave me huge confidence in the interview.

When I came back to tell him I got the job and I needed a daily wardrobe, he set me up with that too, at a fraction of the price.

He didn't even charge me for the shirts.

Good businessman that he was, he knew that with the job I had I would be able to afford frequenting his store. So he made available all these clothes because I was in need of them, and the things he picked out for me were terrific. They all looked great, were interchangeable for variety, and I could trust his expert judgement.

If something like that interests you for a business, go looking for such a store and develop a relationship with the owner. He could be a wealth of information to you, if you being a clothing store owner is right for you. You won't know until you investigate further.

Get that information from the source, someone who is living the kind of business that interests you.

they might have classes at the college about opeing your own business, also, they have government grants for opening your own business too