? asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 4 years ago

Is Opera's built in adblocker is better than other adblocker extensions like ABP or uBlock?

• Mojó
    Favorite Answer

Opera claims their built in adblocker is 45% faster then Opera using the ABP extension. ABP has been heavily criticised over its whitelisting of "strategic partners" of which you have to manually edit the white list to block ABP's strategic partners. Read the article titled: "Over 300 businesses now whitelisted on AdBlock Plus, 10% pay to play" at arstechnica. uBlock is better in many ways then ABP, but that is also dependent on settings. The simple fact the ad blocker is baked into the browser is a huge advantage over 3rd party, but that's also dependant on settings.

I think not too much differences. +Built-in! This is an advantage. Try and see yourself.

I think it s good and works good :)

• ?4 years agoReport

Yes you are right, It is an advantage that they have added a buit-in Ad-Blocker but still it is not fully functional as uBlock or others is. There is no any option to custom my filters and adding more lists like Facebook Ads Blocking and others.