When you have a diabetes, you have to eat sugar when your blood sugar is low(under 4.0 mml/l)..does eating sugar in that case gains weight?

Favorite Answer

sugar itself does nt cause weight gain!! It is the insulin yu inject that causes weight gain and fat! The total carb counts on foods cause the fat the insulin packs onto the body! Keeping the carb brams as low as possible keeps the insulin injections low thus the person doesn't gain weight or get fatter!

1

Source(s): Secret To Destroy Diabetes - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?kgQY

2

Source(s): I Cured My Diabetes - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?LBND
  • Diabetes has nothing to do with how it will affect you. You shouldn't eat more than 30 grams of sugar a day. I try to eat pretzels rather than sugary fruit juice and glucose tabs I have had type 1 since I was two years old and am in great athletic physical shape. As long as you burn as much energy as you consume, you will not gain weight.

Your body is a machine. If you give it more fuel (food) than you consume (exercise and metabolism), you will gain weight.

• Andy C

There are two types of diabetes.

Type I is totally genetic and one must use insulin and sugar to balance thrir blood chemistry.

My sister in law has type I and is skinny.

Type II is ever more popular and shows some generic linkage but not cause. It is treatable through exercise, proper diet, and sometimes drugs.

My mother and brother have type II and were obese when they were diagnosed.

Type II diabetes is almost always found in obese people. They were fat before having diabetes.

In fact, it was being fat that 'uncovered' their diabetes. It never would have come to fruition if they had led healthy lives.

• Sarah

Maybe. I'm not diabetic but I've heard of people losing a lot of weight when their diabetic. I wouldn't think you'd gain weight because if you're blood sugar is too low, then you need the sugar.

We dont eat sugar and I am type 2 and have to eat a healthy diet and exercise to prevent it getting too high. Most of the food we eat, especially carbs turns to sugar quickly and that is why we stick to healthy eating and exercise ad medication to keep it normal.

• SumDude
      4 years agoReport

Fine, but you are not answering his question.

No, because you do not eat that much, and it is a solo act. Sugar from sugar, juice, honey, other sources burns off just like any other glucose generated from any other food you eat.

• Gary B

No.

You only need about a tablespoon of sugar, which has less than 50 calories

Sure it does.