How do you get a world of warcraft account?

From what i gathered, you have to get on there website and make it from there, or you actually need the disc. or actually both? tell me if i'm wrong.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You need a battle.net account.

Go to www.battle.net and register an account.

After you have created a battle.net account you will need to download and install the battle.net client manager.

Through the b.net client manager you can download and play any of Blizzard's free games to include: Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and a heavily restricted version of World of Warcraft (restrictions on free WoW include, no trading, no public chat privileges, no guilds, can only level to 20, can only hold 10 gold, and a few more minor restrictions. Think of it as a demo to see if you like the game before committing to purchase the game).

If you want to full version of WoW you can purchase it through the battle.net store (no discs needed)

Note the base version of the game will include everything but the current and unreleased expansions of the game. So if you purchase World of Warcraft you will receive: World of Warcraft, WoW: The Burning Crusade, WoW: Wrath of the Lich King, WoW: Cataclysm, and WoW: Mists of Pandara.

This will get you to level 90. If you wish to explore Draenor content and level to 100, you will need to purchase the Warlords of Draenor expansion as well.

A new expansion (Legion) is scheduled to release in August of this year which will give access to a new class, new lands to explore, as well as raising the level cap to 110.

When Legion releases Warlords of Draenor will be added to the base game. So if you purchase WoW right now without the current expansion, upon the release of Legion you will receive WoD for free, giving you access to level 100, and Draenor content.

A monthly subscription is also needed for the full version of the game. Subscriptions can be purchased on the Battle.net store.

• 5 years ago

You need a disc and you need to install the game. Also, you need to pay monthly to play even after buying the disc and/or expansions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.