Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 years ago

Can a little dog get my big dog pregnant ?

So i have 4 dogs , 1 german sheppard husky mix , 2 huskies (mother and daughter) and 1 french bulldog basset hound mix (the only boy ) and he s too small to actually make puppies normally with the mother husky but sometimes when she lays down on her side i see him try and she is a little after 13 days in heat so am i gonna have weird french bulldog/ basset/ husky puppies?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Generally it is physically problematic, especially with spitzes and those big, fluffy tails. The little dog ends up mounting the tail. However, if the Spitz is lying down and moves her tail to accommodate the male, it can happen. In fact I've KNOWN it to happen. A friend of mine had her Champion Samoyed b i t c h impregnated by her DIL's pomeranian mix. She found good, loving homes for the resulting 7 (SEVEN!) puppies and the puppies very fortunately turned out to be very attractive, affectionate adults (shedding machines though). I wouldn't risk it. Separate your bulldog from the female in heat to be safe. THOSE puppies would be hideous!

• 5 years ago

Where there is a will there is a way.

Responsible owners wouldn't allow this to happen, they would keep them separated/securely contained during the entire heat/season, three weeks.

Get a gravid spay, instead of risking her life, problem solved, then you won't have any poorly bred, genetically deficient mutts, mongrels, mixed, Heinz 57's.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Absolutely HE CAN. She can stand lower than him in a hole, depression, or a lower part of the yard or he can stand on a step or on an incline or yes, he can F-her, while she is lying DOWN & if she is in BREEDABLE HEAT she will do "ANYTHING", repeat ANYTHING to accommodate him. You are an UTTER FOOL to RISK having him in the home, and to have not boarded, or not kept him at a friend's house, unless you WANT to have to pay for a dangerous, expensive, GRAVID SPAY or to have a very Worthless & weird-looking litter out of a very POOR combination or dogs that do NOT compliment each other, and will cost you, more than you will make on them.

• 5 years ago

Don't spay or neuter them. You shouldn't have to just because people ***** about it, ignore them. Yes she can get pregnant. If I were you , I'd separate them until she's off the cycle.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Alice
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Yes. Tomorrow you need to take your boy to the vet and have him neutered. When you finish paying for that, you should get the females spayed. This is what we call being a responsible dog owner.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

if she is pregnant, those dogs are going to be F'ed up with health problems due to the vast differences in genetics.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

yes

• 5 years ago

He can get her pregnant. SPAY her.

• 5 years ago

yes. very possible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.