Father was granted sole legal and sole physical custody. What can mother do now?

State is California. Mom live in a different State. Mother have visitation under my discretion.

This year I have a court date which the mom did not show up nor did a court call so I was awarded full custody. My daughter now live with me for a month now but the mom file for full custody back once she found out I am the one in charge of my daughter now. She couldn't come to my court hearing but now can fly in California to file her motion and fly back in for her court date? Strange right? Anyways what can the result be for her? She miss my court date which I also submitted exhibits to prove that she is an unfit parent. My case was confidential that day. Nothing about my case was talked about by the judge the judge went straight to explain my new court order and finding.

Can judge order mother be jail for giving a full can beer to my daughter, which I know is a violation of California Business and Profession Code? Proof was submitted during my hearing.

On my response to the mother declaration I ask the court to submit the mother for AA classes, drug test, behavioral health counseling before she can get any custody of our baby. Was that a right thing to do?

3 Answers

  • 4 years ago

    The courts are only interested in what is in the best interest of the child. It is in the best interest of the child to have healthy relationships with both her parents and to live with the better of the two. It doesn't matter what dad, mom, or even the child wants.

    Bad mouthing your child's mother in court only reflects negatively on YOU. After all, you are the one who picked her to be the mother of your child. I didn't, the judge didn't, and neither did anyone else.

    If you feel that AA, drug testing, rehabilitation, parenting classes, etc., is genuinely in the best interest of your child, it was the right thing to do. If you are just doing it to get back at your ex, it is just plain mean, and doesn't look good for you.

    Good luck

    • Crazy_924 years agoReport

      I awarded full custody. Plus I stated AA classes, drug test, behavioral health counseling before she can get any custody of our baby. See that mean I am not alienating her from our precious heavenly sent. You my dear seem like a feminazi. I am sorry for what ever you have been through.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • J M
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

    Yes, you need to protect the child. Clearly the mother is unfit.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    Your mom can pump out another kid and start a new family.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.