Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 4 years ago

I m going into the 9th grade this year. I was wondering if for the state of New Mexico you have to get a shot to go to high school?

If so which one. I am so scared of shots I cry. I know I m in 8th grade going to 9th and shouldn t be doing that but it scares me so much.

Favorite Answer

New Mexico schools do have a required immunization schedule (see link below), BUT the good news is that you have probably already received all of your required shots by now (i.e., you probably got them in elementary and/or middle school).

~~~~~~~

As to shots, don't overthink them too much. That's what is making you scared ~ overthinking it. They really are given with a tiny needle and stubbing your toe hurts more than getting a shot (although I will say that tetanus shots hurt a bit and the injection area remains sore for a few days. It's better than dying a quick death via tetanus infection though. Another good thing there is that you only need a few tetanus shots in your entire lifetime.)

I happen to be 51 years old and recently got out of the hospital after about a month in there. Blood tests and one other shot every day. I just look away ~ don't look at the needle. The shot is over very quickly.

~~~~~~~~~

https://nmhealth.org/publication/view/regulation/4...

The vaccine schedule is on Page 2 and you have to use the double-arrow key at the top right to rotate the image clockwise so that you can read it.

• ainslie4 years agoReport

Thank you so much. You relived a lot of stress off of my shoulders, now that I know I probably won't have to get a shot to go to high school. Thank you so much.... Again 😂