Would you like to see a remake of Stephen King's "The Green Mile"?

Starring Peter Dinklage as John Coffey? I think it would be a daring, bold move that could entirely revitalize this story for a new generation.

Best Answer

Peter Dinklage would make just as good a John Coffey as Idris Elba will make a good Roland Deschain in The Dark Tower. Why are so many people being discriminatory against Dinklage? I think it's a great idea.

• Irusan

Define "daring, bold move."

Sometimes you can take a character in a book and alter certain characteristics for a movie because they aren't central to the story, so it doesn't matter if they're inconsistent. But the story's setting combined with Coffey's physical characteristics and how people judged him were pretty much the entire point of the story.

With that in mind, I fail to see how that could be properly applied to Dinklage. Little people aren't generally seen as dangerous or even threatening, so the only way to make a proper adjustment to the story would be to show that he actually DID kill the girls, but no one believed it because of his size, etc. If you do that, however, it defeats the entire purpose of the original story and may as well be an entirely standalone movie.

Peter Dinklage to fill the shoes of Duncan?! You're joking, right?

The Green Mile will never be remade.

The Stand is being remade, which I'm excited for, but you can't remake The Green Mile.

Sorry I don't like remakes. They just don't come out right most of the time. You said remake right not sequal. If you meant sequal Tina was right. The main character couldn't be in it.

Have you read the Green Mile? Duncan was the perfect physical type for Coffey.

Peter Dinklage is a wonderful actor but he is physically wrong for Coffey. The whole point is that people have to believe that Coffey could physically kill two girls with his bare hands.

Nope

• Amber

Nope

never been a fan of Stephen King.

Mkay/

• Tina

Briefly, no. It makes no sense at all.