The ONLY thing that works is a synastry comparison . the distances between all of your 10 planets and any of HIS 10 planets. And between one person's planets and the other person's Ascendant.
The idea that signs indicate compatibility is a commercial scam by writers wanting to make money off the public.
You cannot do any valid accurate astrology UNLESS you have the individual birthchart (full birth date, exact time of birth, location of birthplace).
These distances are called "synastry aspects".
- Attraction is shown when one person has one of the "personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury,Venus, Mars) within 8 degrees of the other person's Ascendant or any of their 10 planets.
- Harmony between what you need and what they need is shown when any two planets are between 54 and 66 degrees (a sextile) OR between 112 and 128 degrees (a trine) from each other.
- Discord is shown when any two planets are between 82 and 98 degrees (a square) or 172 and 188 degrees (an opposition).
And the signs these planets are in do NOT indicate if any two planets are in aspect with each other. The signs are useless.
For instance .. he has Sun in Pisces .. you have Venus in Pisces. Unless your Venus is within 8 degrees of where his Sun is, there is NOT an interaction between your "love need" (Venus) and his "self-esteem need" (Sun) . the two inner needs would NOT interact in any way.
But if these two planets are close in degrees, then your love bolsters his self-esteem, and his confidence makes you feel loved.
By the same token, his Pisces Sun depending on where in Pisces it is, could be harmonious with your emotional nature (Moon), or discordant with it, or just not interact at all. You simply cannot tell if all you have is the signs.
Take heart. As an astrologer (retired now), I always told clients wanting a synastry comparison to go date the person for 6 months. THEN the relationship will be much clearer and the synastry will make more sense. And by the time you have been dating for 6 months, you should no longer be afraid to ask him for his specific birthdata.
We have this amazing ability as humans, to ignore what we don't like, to deny it exists. The synastry points out the good part, but also the bad parts.
And it is these "bad parts" that determine whether or not the couple lasts... NOT the good stuff.
If the couple is emotionally mature and can handle the problems (that often don't start to crop up until the honeymoon phase has died out), then ANY relationship can ripen and become full and rich and rewarding.
Chemistry is not even necessary, since it is only 11% of what keeps the couple together, and the stronger the chemistry is at the beginning, the worse the problems will be once the infatuation phase has worn off. So strong chemistry is often a sign of it not lasting.
The whole purpose of astrology and synastry comparisons is not to feed wishful thinking and fantasies, but to help take a clear, detailed look at what is happening:
- natal charts help you understand the complexity of how you operate internally
- synastry comparisons help you understand the complexity of how two individuals relate
- transits and progressions help you understand passing phases you go through as you go through life, so that you can work with yourself better
But it ALL rests totally on the individual birthcharts.
· 4 years ago