Why junk food cost less than healthy food also why it is more convient to prepare them as well and finally why junk has a more plesant taste?

Favorite Answer

junk food costs less because it is mostly processed fillers and very little nutrition. it's more convenient to prepare them because it requires less real ingredients. Most junk food meals you can just pop in the microwave and eat. they taste better because of all the artificial ingredients

• Groovy_Unicorn
      4 years agoReport

I guess I should also note that I do not find microwave dinners to be tasty at all. I'd much rather have something I cook myself

Junk food and prepared foods in general do not have to cost more than "healthier" options.

I can make cookies for less than what a package of cookies would cost and the home made ones will taste better.

I can make a Mac-N-Cheese dinner for less than a box of mac-n-cheese and the one made with a white sauce, cheese and few "secret" ingredients will taste better and have no preservatives compared to the box.

I can make a cake or pie and it will cost less and taste better than one you buy.

(exception a large decorated cake with a filling from Costco..I can't make one like that for that price.)

Junk food is loaded with grease, salt, and probably sugar. Our body's love that stuff. And crave it. So it tastes better.

Actually, you could package food like they do. You can make your own spice envelopes, and measure out pasta into a kit. But why do that when you could have made the dish without all of that.

not all junk food is cheaper. I can get a dozen eggs for less than a big bag of doritos.

Its all in what you want to eat.

junk food has a more pleasant taste AND costs less to trick you into getting fat, they make you think its delicious and affordable.

because it is cheaply made, therefore it is cheaper in stores, healthy food may be more expensive but is better for you in the long run.