Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 4 years ago

Naming my children Damon and Stefan from Vampire Diaries?? Opinions?

First of all I am not pregnant nor I will be anytime soon to just clear up. So recently I've been thinking about baby names and I am really considering in naming my future boys Damon and Stefan, the main characters names from Vampire Diaries. I really love the names, they have a smooth flow to them, easy to pronounce, and you don't hear them that often. I am a huge fan of the show and especially of the characters and they really helped me with my personal life issues. I am a huge fan that whenever I mention it to my friends you could tell they get annoyed and my sister too. Last time I brought my idea up to my sister about naming my kids from the show and she gave a frown and told me I was too obsessed. But I really LOVE the names! And also this show really deeply helped me and I guess this is kind of a thank you for helping me with my life problems. What are your opinions? Should I just not name them after them and choose any other common name?? I like to plan ahead. And also I wasn't planning to name them as the first name, just the middle name but maybe I might change my mind. In case I do choose to stay with the names. What are your opinions on these names?

Damon

Nicholas Damon

Jason Damon (ehh I love the name Jason but I dont like how it rhymes)

Damon James

Damon Noah

Stefan

Stefan Jay

Stefan Hunter

I had more names but I can't get them from the top of my head...Im not totally sure with these names but I liked them. So what are your opinions?? In everything?Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I'm not familiar with The Vampire Diaries, so those just strike me as nice, unique names.

But honestly, don't tell people they're named after The Vampire Diaries. It's not really a good thing at all. Just stick to the fact that you love the names.

Feedback on your middle name choices:

Nicholas Damon -- Lovely, and has a really good flow. (favourite on your list.)

Jason Damon -- Sorry, this doesn't really work at all. Jason is a nice name though!

Damon James -- I like it, but there's a bit of repeat with the long-A sounds. Damon John would be better!

Damon Noah -- doesn't flow because Damon ends in N and Noah begins in N. Kind of melts together.

Ideas:

Damon Oliver

Damon Peter

Damon Sebastian

Damon Alexander

Damon Charles

Damon George

Damon Christopher

Roderick Damon

Isaac Damon

Henry Damon

George Damon

Lucas Damon

Jonathan Damon

Patrick Damon

Stefan Jay -- Great!

Stefan Hunter -- Not as good as Stefan Jay but still nice.

Ideas:

Stefan Vincent

Stefan Edward

Stefan William

Stefan Jude

Stefan Matthew

Stefan Thomas

Quinn Stefan

Christopher Stefan

Nathaniel Stefan

Trevor Stefan

I love the Vampire Diaries too and Damon and Stefan flow amazing together. I'm considering using them for middle names if I ever have kids. Nicholas Damon flows really well, in my opinion, and Stefan Jay is awesome. In the show, I think Damon's middle name is Francesco, so there's that if you wanted to use it. I'd use the names, if I were you, and although some people may make the connection to the vampire diaries and dislike it, it doesn't matter. The names are awesome, it's as simple as that.

• ?

I prefer Damian but Damon is alright

Nicholas Damon: LOVE the flow

Jason Damon (yeah, no flow. Jason is a good name but just doesn't go well with Damon. I have a brother named Jason)

Damon James: no flow. Day & Jay

Damon Noah: Noah Damon sounds better

Stefan Jay: Love

Stefan Hunter: not bad

• Sarah

I love Damon (the name too!) It's on my list as a middle name for Elijah.

Nicholas Damon (love it)

Jason Damon (You're right, doesn't flow well)

Damon James (It's great)

Damon Noah (love Noah but 2 N's don't go together)

I like the character of Stefan but don't like the name so it's not on my list.

Stefan Jay (Flows well, I like it)

Stefan Hunter (love Hunter, nice combo)

If you love them then go for it.

You may even change your mind when it comes time to have children.

Nobody wants to be named after characters from a TV show their mom had a crush on as a teenager. It isn't necessarily that there is anything wrong with the names.

• Anna

I would only use them as middle names, but to be honest it's as lame as calling your kids Edward and Bella.

Your children's lives deserve to be more than to a tribute to a show you once liked. Hopefully, if you ever do become pregnant, you'll give their identities more thought than this.

Nothing wrong with either name, and within a few years the show will be forgotten, so if you like those names, go for it.

Go for it