Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 4 years ago

How to get an evolved Pokemon in an egg by breeding?

According to Pokemon database websites I can get a level 1 infernape or any other evolved Pokemon (by breeding I assume). For example Bulbapedia says Infernape can learn so and so moves at level 1-36, when monferno evolves at level 36 into an Infernape.

But how would I do this, If I breed two Pokemon won't I get the original unevolved form?

Also if I breed two compatible Pokemon will I be able to get a completely random Pokemon from the same egg group?

• Cantra
    Favorite Answer

It doesn't say you can get a Lv1 Infernape.

Think of the game from a programming perspective. You could hard-code each pokemon's stats at every level into the code, so 6x100 values for each one. Or you could simply give one set of stats and give each stat some kind of growth %ge, and the game can use that to work out the stat line at every level, calculating them on the fly. There's no need to complicate things then by trying to code in restrictions like how Infernape should never appear at Lv35 or lower.

Likewise with moves, there would be a simpler way of coding when each pokemon gets their moves.

Because of that, it means the game (and people, by observation) can work out the stats of any pokemon at any level, even if it's a level they can't normally appear at.

"Also if I breed two compatible Pokemon will I be able to get a completely random Pokemon from the same egg group?"

With the exception of Manaphy, the offspring is always the same species (the lowest evolution level of) as the mother, or the non-ditto partner in the case of a pairing with ditto. There's never any random chance for the species while breeding.

• burd

Infernape Bulbapedia