Is there REALLY a difference between Generic and Name Brand Drugs?

My doctor recently prescribed me the generic version of Wellbutrin (Bupropion)- XL 150. I am skeptical to try it because I have been reading loads of message boards claiming that the generic version is not the same as the brand name. That the effects suck, and you won't get the best results.

I am a bit annoyed by this. My friend works in medicine and claims that the people complaining are wrong. That there is no difference between the brand name and the generic, and it's all the same ingredients. Why then, ARE people complaining? I don't want to take the pills if they won't give me the best results for my depression.

I really loathe the internet now. I was so happy to finally get this drug because it's supposed to not cause heart palpitations, or have sexual side effects, and even can help you lose weight. Yet after reading commentaries, I am now resentful. Should I tell my doctor to switch me to brand name? Does Walgreens Pharmacy even carry it? And will my insurance (Medicaid) cover it? Thanks for any advice.

Favorite Answer

the ONLY difference between the generic version and the name brand is the name brand company created the drug while the generic ones are simply using it...

both are held to the SAME drug standard the FDA set up.

the reason the name brand ones are more expensive is because the name brand company is trying to recover the research costs the spent on creating the drug. the generic dont have that cost so the drugs are cheaper...

they still use the same chemical thus producing the same effect

1

Source(s): Impotence Remedies http://teres.info/CureErectileDysfunction

Believe me there is no difference between generic and brand. This will help keep your money .Buy only from reliable sources (One year experience powerpills-ed.com) and look out for fakes.