Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 years ago

Can I report people for stealing my questions?

I asked a question on here and then I noticed that someone else has been posting it. They do it anonymously so people think it's me. I've seen answers saying "stop asking this over and over" but I only asked it once. Someone copy pasted my personal life story for a laugh or something.

That sucks. People think it's me but it isn't.

Favorite Answer

Yes, you CAN and SHOULD report the other question as a ToS violation because it is misuse of the question - answer format and you are being targeted harassed, and exploited on YA, but you CANNOT report the ACCOUNT of that person until you have the URL address of that person's YA activity profile, Which is WHY they are doing it anonymously. Even if you DO Have the URl address of YA activity profile emailing EITHER the answers teams, which no longer exist, or customer care is not going to accomplish anything because almost all of the customer care agents have been ai off already..

customercare@cc.yahoo-inc.com.

IF you w really want to go after them for violating your copyright, you need to contact the legal firm that Yahoo inc has on retainer for for copyright violations and thefts of intellectual property by emailing them and filling out and submitting several forms. Very few people are willing to take the time to do that. I did take the time in 2009, but my case was a lot more complicated than simple copying and pasting of my answers. The anonymous option was NOT available in 2009. Yahoo terminated their email account.Terminated, , not suspended.

• Lv 6
      4 years agoReport

OzoneGuy, You DO retain your copyright, and you do NOT have to register it. READ the terms of contract YOURSELF . Article 26 for USA terms Of Service contract.

Of course you can report them. Just click the flag on the top corner of their question and report is as a violation of Terms of Service or violation of Community Guidelines, and fill in more details about plagiarism. The form also links you to where you report "copyright" violations to Y!A, although it's not clear that reposting WITHIN the Y!A site is a violation, since you already authorized Y!A to distribute unlimited free copies.

You can report them for plagiarism but with the CM broken, it won't drop.

Nope sry

"Can I report people for stealing my questions?"

No, no recourse here. Clearly questions are not required to be unique, original, or even your own authorship.

• Nuff Sed
      4 years agoReport

Yes, it's a violation of the Terms of Service. Whether it might ALSO be a copyright infringement to repost on Y!A, as opposed to, say, some other site, would be a different question. Clearly a repost of your Y!A questions or answers to any other site would be a copyright infringement.

• Lucy

NO