Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is Alien: Covenant The End of Alien?

Has it been stated whether or not Ridley Scott's upcoming film "Alien: Covenant," will be the final installation in the "Alien," franchise? It seems like it will be, but i'm uncertain and can't find any answers.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

There will be 3 sequels to Prometheus with the 4th leading into the original alien.

Alien 5 is also in the works which 'hopefully' will be made after covenant (ridley will only produce it with a new writer and director) - it did have a script but weaver said no so they started rewriting it then shelvedd it back in oct until covenant is out the way.

I found interviews rather easily by just googling the films

• 5 years ago

It won't be.

Prometheus was planned to be start of a new trilogy, so there are two more Prometheus films in the same universe to come.

Covenant will likely try to reboot the franchise and get it going again.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I would doubt it. Seeing how apparently it is, I think, a sequel to Promotheus which was itself a prequel. Would be very surprised if Hollywood could resist milking the franchise for more films.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.