a man a plan a canal panama?

um im doing a homwork assinment and i really dont understand it.

the questions are: who was the president at the time that sentance became famouse?(A MAN A PLAN A CANAL PANAMA)

what is special about the sentance?

and

this sentance is an english representashion of what mathmatical thing?

so if you know the answer to any of these questions please let me know. thanks soooo much

every answer helps

=]

o and i need this done by tomorrow

so if you could answer as soon as possible

thanks again!

Favorite Answer

the sentence is a palindrome which is now also accepted as a mathematical term which means "a number or word that reads the same way from right to left as it does left to right."

would the president perhaps be theodore roosevelt? wasnt he the one who somehow urged Panama (with a deal i dont quite recall) for the US to have access to panama canal (naval strategy)? it could also be jimmy carter because i think it was he who signed the panama canal treaty. i'm not really sure though if those were also the time that the sentence become famous.

The sentence is a palindrome. A palindrome is a word, phrase, or sentence that reads the same when it is read backwards or forwards. Examples:

rotor

Madam, I'm Adam

Able was I ere I saw Elba [supposed to have been said by Napoleon Bonaparte.]