Should I buy this Lexus GS 350?

Looking to buy a GS 350 in red, this is the only one I can find in my area. Looks good only problem is that it has been involved in 2 accidents as you can see in the carfax on the site. I still kind of want to buy it though because the accidents occurred within the first 10-14k miles and the car was maintained well by its 2nd owner up until its 84k miles it's at now. So should I get it?

http://www.middletowntoyota.com/used-Middletown+CT...

Favorite Answer

If the car has done another70K miles since the accidents, then I wouldn't be too worried. A 10 mph crash in a car like that can trigger a major insurance claim that goes on it's record. If it had major damage that wasn't repaired properly the 2nd owner wouldn't have kept it that long.

• My thoughts exactly, good answer, thanks. Still going to look around though to find a similar car with no accidents just in case.

I would not; the accidents need to be taken into consideration, along with the higher-than-normal mileage + a high price

• You're right about the accidents but a normal average mileage per year is 12k. This car is a 2008 meaning it's 8 years old so 8x12=96. This car should have 96k miles but it only has 84k so it's not higher than normal mileage. The price is 17k a new GS 350 is around 50k so also, not a high price...

• Bill

Have it checked by a certified mechanic and if he says it is OK and the price is right GO FOR IT!