Can a illegal immigrant apply for asylum in the US!!!! I m from india?

I came to the US on a f1 visa (student) on april 25 2015. I was terminated from my college and then i took admission in another college and applied for my reinstatement which certainly got refused. So now I m sitting illegal and I ve heard that applying asylum isn t safe now a days cause they may deport you. I know marriage won t help, will asylum be safe looking at my situation. Help me please!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

It's always been that if you have a needed skill, and you want to become a citizen in America, then you would apply to come here but you'd have to have a sponsor (a relative or friend) That person would help pay for you till you get established here, and during your first several months you'd apply for naturalization. It used to take 7 years to become naturalized but I think that's been changed to 5 years (you'd have to check), then when the time is up you'd pay the fee and take your test and become naturalized.

There used to be quotas on how many people we let into America yearly so you may have to wait a while after applying. Maybe get your schooling in India. I suggest you look at the websites on immigration as my information may not be up to date.

• krankydiva
      4 years agoReport

Do your research before you give incorrect answers to someone who wants desperately to believe you.

• Raelyn

You can apply, but your case will be denied since it's obvious from your immigration history that you are just looking for a away to stay in the US and are not a genuine asylum seeker. Time to leave before you get arrested and deported.

You cannot apply for asylum simply because you want to stay in the USA. If you needed asylum - and had an ironclad reason for needing it - then you would have requested it the second you hit USA soil. Waiting until you got terminated from one college and a rejection from another college hardly puts your case in a good light. It's crystal clear that you are trying to game the system.

You are not only out of status, but will appear to authorities to have committed visa fraud - you applied for temporary non-immigration visa when you intended to remain in the US. NO asylum for citizens of India - generally considered "safe" as a democratic country. You have NO hope of getting asylum, and applying is likely to get you deported for fraud with permanent bar to reentry. You have no choice but return to your country of citizenship immediately.

No - you have no grounds to claim asylum (unless you're unsafe in your own country for reasons you've failed to mention here)

You'll get rejected and deported.

your name will already be on the deportation list ..

leave ASAP to avoid that ...