Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 4 years ago

what is origin of the word ""yaris"" ,and what does it means?

Toyota-Yaris

Favorite Answer

Okay, while I could (and did) take an honest guess at this question, I'm never one to just be satisfied if I don't know the answer absolutely for sure, so I asked Toyota exactly where they got the name "Yaris" from, and this is what their spokesperson wrote back to me, word for word:

"Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We apologize for your concern regarding the meaning of "Yaris."

That is a great question! The background on the Yaris name is actually really interesting. It stems from a goddess in Greek mythology, named CHARIS, who was a symbol of beauty and elegance. We put that together with the German expression of agreement, YA. We think the name symbolizes the car’s broad appeal in styling and really represents Toyota’s next generation of global cars.

Thank you again for your interest!"

So, there you have it straight from the mouths of the creators of the name. That's what the word Yaris means!

• g

Yaris is an amalgamation of words from Greek mythology and German. In Greek mythology, 'Charis' was a symbol of beauty and elegance.

Hi so what does it matter. splendid little car.