Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 5 years ago

Why does Obama, NSA, and the US government want to spy on a law abiding American born citizen like me?

Im a young american citizen, i go to school, im a god fearing man, im nice and treat others with kind, i never broke a law or hurt anyone in life, i couldnt even hurt a fly, no i dont interact or would ever interact with terrorists, i love my country more than anything and pretty much im just your Normal average with dreams of becoming a great Humen resource manager.

But for some reason Obama and the Nsa wanna moniter me 24/7 like im the enemy? why? I know i have nothing to worry about but thats like me being in a prison with no charges man :'-( why?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Obama expanded the Patriot Act

that is a fact that lib sheeple

leave out

hey obama loving sheep

try FACTS next time

During his campaign for President in 2008, President Barack Obama promised to put an end to government spying on Americans and other abuses of freedom that grew into a national epidemic after the terrorist attacks on September 2011.

Instead, government surveillance of Americans has increased dramatically under Obama’s watch while freedom and individual rights have been stripped away under a barrage of increased scrutiny.

An investigation by Capitol Hill Blue into erosion of freedom and individual rights in America has found:

–The Federal Bureau of Investigation’s use of “National Security Letters” to peek into the private lives of Americans has increased dramatically since Obama became President. In his first two years in office, the number of letters issued doubled;

–Warrantless wiretaps have quadrupled during Obama’s presidency;

–Although he campaigned to put an end to abuses from the rights-robbing USA Patriot Act, Obama, after becoming President, supported boosting the act’s already-broad powers.

In January 2010, a report by the Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) found a “systemic, widespread abuse of power” in the use of National Security Letters and urged greater Congressional oversight and new guidelines to limit use of the letters which require banks, employers and other institutions to turn over private data on Americans without court approval or notification of the citizen under investigation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.