would the bmw 428i be a good car for a 16 year old who just got there license if not what car is good for a beginner?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

no. BMWs are expensive to maintain. their service, fuel costs, insurance rates (especially for teenagers). also, if you are an irresponsible driver who likes to drive fast, a 428i with rear wheel drive and 240 hp can be enough to get you in trouble with the law or worse.

as a new driver, you should be looking for a cheap, safe car such that if you ever crash in a parking lot or something (which there is a high chance of considering your lack of driving experience) you wont need to pay thousands to replace a bumper.

as for safety, I typically dont like it when teenagers with little driving experience drive because they like to drive fast in irresponsible manners. going quickly on an empty highway lane looking far ahead and being focused on the drive is fine but teenagers have a tendency to be reckless when they speed. because of this id prefer it if you didnt have a rear wheel drive which can be prone to spinning out when pushed too hard. instead stick with safer front wheel drive until you have some driving experience.

• Login to reply the answers
  • PMack
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

BMW has a little know policy that prohibits people that don't know the difference between there, they're and their to drive them. You failed. And no it's not a good choice for a teen, no parent with the money to buy one would be so stupid as to do so.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Yes very safe car

• g
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Quit trolling, Dima, not very attractive. Especially since you openly admit you are from a very low-income family.

• dima4 years agoReport

ik we are actually not that poor i just lied and wanted to make a buck here and there

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gert
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Something small and not powerful. Like a Focus, or a VW.

• Mark K
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

A Schwinn or a pony are better choices

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.