Why does God protect iPhone screens from cracking when dropped but not save sick kids from dying of leukemia?

I was raised around Christians but am not Christian myself, and so this is something that I constantly see but stay silent about in person. This is a question for all the Christians who thank God for watching out for them whenever they win a soccer game (but for some reason wasn't watching out for the other... show more I was raised around Christians but am not Christian myself, and so this is something that I constantly see but stay silent about in person.

This is a question for all the Christians who thank God for watching out for them whenever they win a soccer game (but for some reason wasn't watching out for the other team), thank God when they get a job (but screw the other applicants!), thank God for every minute positive thing in their lives, etc.

Take my childhood best friend. She once made some ridiculously long Facebook post dedicated to God for making sure her violin didn't crack when it was checked in as luggage in an airport. She talked about how she PRAYED to God with all her heart, and God answered her prayers, and her violin arrived safely and she knew God was watching out for her...the post got over 30 likes.

No, God was not watching out for your violin, your VIOLIN CASE was watching out for your violin. The people handing your violin case who thought "yeah that's a violin case, let's not be ***** and smash it" were watching out for your violin. Why is God answering your prayers about your violin when there are kids getting raped and killed for no reason other than they were born in the wrong country?