Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I need some advice on acoustic panels please?!?

My tv is mounted on a wall and on the other side of that wall is my roommate. he says it gets a little loud sometimes when I have my tv on, even though its not that loud. If i buy some acoustic tiles and place them behind my tv, will that help absorb some of the sound so that my roommate wouldn t hear it? Or would it just dull out the sound from the tv and i wouldnt be able to hear it from my bed?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago

You'd have to mount the tiles on the shared wall - the entire wall.

A cheaper and more attractive alternative would be to mount a curtain rod on the shared wall, and hang some heavy drapes.

Or, as others have pointed out, use headphones.

• 5 years ago

Your TV speakers are mounted on the BACK side of the TV. Putting panels on the opposite side of the room wont help.

You need a soundbar which faces forward so the sound is not blasting at the wall.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Use headphones.

• 5 years ago

The reason it is loud on his side is because it is attached to a common wall.

To make even the slightest difference, you would have to mount it to the ceiling.

Tiles will do nothing.

• Mmm J
    Lv 7
    5 years ago

Use headphones.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.