Is my insurance last year considered a marketplace? (taxes)?

I am going through TurboTax and I am guided to a question regarding my insurance last year. It is wondering if I went through Healthcare.gov or a states marketplace last year. I lived in MN last year and had Medica, I was unemployed so I got coverage through state. is that a marketplace?

Favorite Answer

No. A marketplace is somewhere that you buy something and pay for it with money. Something you get free from the state government is not from a marketplace. (However, something you get from a company, at no cost to you, because of a subsidy from the federal government, is from the marketplace.)

It's not marketplace. It's Medicaid and counts as insurance for each month you have it.

It is a Marketplace policy if you received a form 1095-A I suspect you did not.

• Kini

We dont know what Medica is. It is either private insurance or Medicaid. Dont you know? If it was Medicaid, it is not insurance and you didnt go to the marketplace.

• tro

no, you would have bought insurance on one of the state exchanges for the Marketplace

• Dan

If you are covered by the state, you have health insurance. You should have gotten a form stating this (some companies try to get you to download the form electronically).

• Judy

no

• Bob

yes it is

No.

No......