William asked in PetsCats · 4 years ago

How can I take care of a kitten?

Do I have to feed him/her milk and cat food? And also to thr vet? I really love kittens.

Favorite Answer

No milk! Milk hurts their tummy. I didn't know that either until I got a kitten.

You should feed it food specifically for kittens as it has the nutrients they need to grow.

I got my kitten when she had just been weaned but she was still only 2 months old. I fed her kitten food and I also gave her a little bit of wet food every day, just because I wasn't sure if she was having enough fluids.

If it hasn't been weaned yet, so if it still needs milk from its mom then the kitten probably needs formula.

Take it to the vet just to have them check it out and they can tell you what you need to do.

Plus there are vaccinations kittens need to protect them against things like FeLV (feline leukemia virus) and rabies and such.

Good luck with your kitten!

I don't know why you are caring for a kitten. Where is mom? Where are the siblings?

If you only have one kitten that is under one month of age, you need to bottle feed it with kitten milk. Keep it on a heating pad with lots of stuffed friends, burp it and stimulate it to pee and poo.

Buy kitten chow from a trusted brand such as Purina. Specifically kitten chow. No milk never ever milk. That will cause diarea and your kitten will feel sick. You could feed them cat sip or kitten formula.

• ?

research kitten care. why you getting one if you don't even know the basics.

No, most cats are lactose intolerant, meaning they are allergic to milk. Maybe you should do some research before coming on here.