How does one convert to Calvinism (especially if there are no local churches)?

I just about had it with the BS of my parents' religious beliefs and the Catholic Church along with having a broken heart. So now I want to convert to Calvinism (which already appealed to me for years from my readings on it) and I was playing around conversion in the past but feared straining familial relationships.

But I had it and will now join the religion. What are the steps for conversions?

There is a bit of a problem, I live in a predominantly Catholic area and there is no local Calvinist Church for miles. So I can't officially have a church ritual. So I ask how I can convert alone without any ministers?

You cannot convert to Calvinism; you can only convert to Christ which means you become a Christian. Within the Christian religion there are 3 main branches - Catholicism; Orthodoxy; Protestantism. Many Protestants lean towards the Calvinistic view of biblical doctrine so you would no doubt like to find a Protestant church that subscribes to, say, The Westminster Confession of Faith, or the Heidelberg Confession of Faith. Although some Baptist churches are supposed to go along with that, and (Baptist) C.H. Spurgeon of the 19th century was undoubtedly Calvinistic in his theology, many Baptists today have no idea what that theology is.

You do not say what part of the world you live in, so I can only provide three links. It you state what country you are in and ask them, they might be able to put you in touch with some suitable churches. AiH

• Tyvern

Calvinists are Protestants, which means we believe that one is justified by faith in Christ alone. Unlike the Roman Catholic system, there is no "trickle down" of grace. You must realize that you are deserving of hell and that you are in need of God's grace. You must cleave to Christ, lay yourself low, beg forgiveness for your sins, and turn from your wicked ways.

Afterwards, I recommend either the Heidelberg Catechism or the Westminster Confession of Faith. The HC is broadly Reformed (calvinistic), while the WCF is Presbyterian, which is a specific kind of denomination in the Reformed faith. These will give you a comprehensive and very accurate summary of calvinistic beliefs. Find a Presbyterian (PCA or OPC, not PCUSA) or Reformed Baptist church in your area if possible. This is extremely important, because you need to be baptized. We do not believe that baptism saves you; that is a Roman Catholic doctrine. However, baptism in the Reformed faith signifies your dying unto sin—your burial with Christ, and your rebirth—your resurrection with Christ. It also introduces you into the covenant community.

I recommend finding a local Baptist Church. I recommend attending church services on Sundays. Tell the pastor that you would like to convert and join the Church. Pray!

No reason to convert. You've Always been a Calvinist.

The "conversion" would amount to a confession of faith, if you're planning on becoming a member. If there are no churches that you can go to, then check sermonaudio.com for Reformed sermons if you're interested.

• Calvinism is followed by several Protestant Churches many along Baptist lines, however, Calvinism has problems, You see.. A common Calvinistic definition of election goes something like this:

God - who is sovereign - chooses or elects, by His good pleasure, who He will save AND this election has nothing whatsoever to do with God's foreknowledge of what the elect person believes or does.

A. A Scriptural Response To A Calvinistic Definition Of "Election"

Is this definition of election the best or the only possible definition supported by the scripture? I don't believe so in light of the following verses.

1 Peter 1:1-2, "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappodocia, Asia, and Bithynia, elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied." (New King James Version)

The Greek word for the phrase "who are chosen" is transliterated "Eklektos" and means "the elect". It is the same word used Romans 8:33 & 16:13; Col. 3:12; 2 Tim. 2:10; Titus 1:1 and Rev. 17:14 among other references. It is always used in reference to God's chosen people i.e. those He elects to be His.

The Greek word for the word translated "foreknowledge" is transliterated "Prognosis" and is the noun which is the basis of its verb "Proginosko". Prognosis is used in Acts 2:23, which speaks of God the Father's foreknowledge that unbelieving Israel would deliver His Son up to be crucified. Its verb form is used in Rom. 8:29; Acts 26:5; Rom. 11:2; 1 Pet. 1:20 and 2 Pet. 3:17. All of the uses of this word, in either its noun or verb form, mean a knowing of events before they happen, and are part of the omniscient nature of God.

Therefore, the verse quite clearly says that the elect were chosen based on the foreknowledge of God the Father. Please notice the grammar, in that the elect were chosen "...according to the foreknowledge of God the Father". The text doesn't say that they were elected or chosen in conjunction with God's foreknowledge, but rather "according to" His foreknowledge. The logical conclusion then is that God used His foreknowledge in choosing the elect.

Therefore, the Calvinist theologians contention that God elects someone to salvation without using His foreknowledge to make some determination in choosing the elect, is flatly contradicted by this verse. Clearly, on the basis of God’s foreknowledge about people, He makes the choice.

Go join the Baptist Church or the Luthern Church they teach on one point to all five points of Calvinism. Thanks for the question friend. God bless.

go to the nearest Presbyterian church , they are getting smaller as well as others , so you have a broken heart, may i suggest you mature a little

*Poof*...done.

idk