Anonymous

Shouldn't Westerners just now avoid flying on all Middle Eastern airlines or going anywhere in the Middle East now with all the terrorism?

Egypt, Israel, and Jordan are like the only sensible countries in the area and even then Israel has tons of terrorists in East Jerusalem and Gaza, and Jordan's usually calm but has a bunch of Muslim Brotherhood party members and supporters who hate the West, and Egypt is in dire straits right now 'cuz of all the terrorists.

Turkey is trying to turn into a racist Islamic state and openly supports ISIS and now ISIS and the Kurds are biting them in the butt.

Yemen and Syria are huge war zones.

And Iran and Saudi Arabia and all the Gulf countries support terrorism against the West and Israel and oppress women and gays and handicapped and people who aren't white or Arab or Iranian

Oh and Lebanon is a huge bunch of fans of Hezbollah the terrorist party

• TNO
    Best Answer

El Al, Israel's national airline, actually has ridiculous amounts of security and is considered very safe to fly on, perhaps the safest. Some of the other Middle Eastern airlines are also highly rated so I wouldn't worry too much when it comes to air travel.

Israel does have a lot of people looking to attack but statistically speaking, visitors are still pretty safe. Normally Israeli cities are safer than US ones (I'm not kidding) but that's only because of the large amounts of security they are forced to implement. East Jerusalem is safe if you stick to touristy areas, and as a tourist in Israel you wouldn't be able to get to Gaza anyway. Jordan's still calm now (as far as I know, at least), especially if you stick to normal tourist stuff.

• YKhan

I've been on middle-eastern airlines and gone through middle-eastern airports, including Turkey and various Gulf countries. I don't think they are any more or less safe than any other airport in the world. Probably a bit safer, as they are more vigilante about it, since they know a lot of those loonies come from those areas, so they know what to look for. Let's face it, the most recent terrorist incident happened in Brussels, in Europe, not the middle-east.

You can go to Tel Aviv and be safe, the rest of the Middle East I would avoid, especially Turkey.

• H

If you would know a bit about politics instead of getting lost in racism, you would know, that the GCC are western allies and also in the fight against terrorism.