Primo
Primo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

Is Donald Trump really that bad?

I heard Donald Trump is probably going to be the key candidate in representing the Republican Party this year and might win. A lot of people I know don't like him and I have heard a lot of bad stuff like him is he's racist, inconsiderate, selfish, would make a bad president, etc. Is he really that bad? I want to hear from someone who really knows about politics.

I will say right from the start I don’t know about Donald Trump and if he can win the presidency and do what he says he will do.

I will say there seems to be an anger rising up in the bowels of the American electorate that is rejecting the direction the country is headed. It starts with simple things such as an athlete being ostracized for praying and another being lauded as a hero for crossdressing. A candidate being called a racist because he wants to deport illegals in this country. There are many many more examples that are tugging at the heart strings of conservative Americans and seem to be leading America down a liberal pathway that can’t be good for the moral standards we hold so dear.

The democrats use tactics right out of Saul Alinsky’s handbook on how to attack your opponent and they used it in 2008 and 2012 presidential elections. The republicans had two candidates, McCain and Romney, who did not fight back against the campaign smears and innuendos of the billion dollar campaign of Barrack Obama. In contrast Trump does not allow an insult to pass without a response.

• ?

From the start, Trump has been bashed by both sides of the spectrum. Trumps personal history proves that he isn't racist. Most that achieve his level of success have to be somewhat selfish at times, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. He may come off as inconsiderate but again, his personal history proves that is not true. Even the Clintons placed him in a positive light prior to the race. The persona that he somehow has earned as a candidate, goes against his personal history. Whether it is from the media, the left taking his comments out of context, the war against him becouse he is an outsider, the fact he does not talk the PC language, all play a part in the current smear campaign.

Have you actually listened to any of his debates, speeches, press conferences?

He never says anything of substance about policies or positions. It is ALL glitz, smoke and mirrors. He makes totally outrageous claims about what he will do. Much of what he claims he will do is either blatantly unconstitutional, illegal or would require laws to be passed by congress. He seems to think that he will be in the position of Dictator of the US, not president.

He can barely speak in whole sentences, and rarely utters more than a few sentences without coming back to himself. He constantly talks about how great he is.

He routinely lies about what he has said. He will deny saying something that he said only a day or two earlier - of which there is PROOF on tape of what he says. He does not care, because hs just blames the media as though it is somehow their fault that he was caught in a blatant lie.

Trump does not have the temperament to be president. He does not have the patience or the intellectual capacity to understand all of the hundreds of things that any president must grasp.

I know Donald Trump from his businesses... He's horrible. Always looking out for himself and gladly leaving his friends out dry. His businesses have filed for bankruptcies multiple times!

Maybe, maybe not. Would I call him racist? No, insensitive, but not racist. However, his rhetoric can be perceived to be a dog whistle. He also displays a lot of fascist tendencies - it's pretty remarkable. I don't know how his presidency would be. I doubt anyone would want to work with him regardless of how well he would actually perform. His bluster might also become relevant in international affairs - people around the world already perceive him to be a joke.

In some ways, it's hard to tell how bad he is, since he reverses himself a few days later and lies so much.

If he got his way and all Muslims in America had to wear identifying marks, who would that remind you of?

When he speaks of "bombing the **** out of them", do you think he understands how many civilians he would be killing and what that would do to advance our "war on terror"? When he claims to be Christian, yet states he has never asked God to forgive him for anything, does that sound like someone who thinks he can do no wrong? When he insults other countries and their leaders, do you think that would improve America's relations with our allies and the world?

I understand that Congress is unlikely to pass any of the ridiculous things he has proposed, but really - do you want a man like that in the White House?

• Robert

If Trump was not the frontrunner and Cruz was, they would still be saying the same things about him! Like they did Romney... like they did McCain... like they did REAGAN!

Any man who feels the need to threaten to get his way is a bully, or more likely far far worse.

He is actually that GOOD. If the est. Republicans and ENTIRE Fascist-corporatist party (today's democrats) hate him, he must be doing something right.

• Yes, which is why I am voting for him!