What made Arnold Schwarzenegger different from other bodybuilders?

I'm 20 years old and an aspiring bodybuilder. I'd like to go professional one day and enter competitions. I watched Pumping Iron (1977) last night and it fascinated me. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno are my two inspirations and motivators. However, what is it that made Arnold so special? Why... show more I'm 20 years old and an aspiring bodybuilder. I'd like to go professional one day and enter competitions. I watched Pumping Iron (1977) last night and it fascinated me. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno are my two inspirations and motivators.

However, what is it that made Arnold so special? Why did he win Mr. Olympia and Mr. Universe several times? Is it because bodybuilding wasn't popular back in the 1950s-60s and he brought it to popularity? Or did he have a special physique?

Just wondering...