Can I solder in the house?

I need to learn how to solder tonight. I bought an iron, flux, latex gloves, and paper masks. I am aware that common flux (and the one i bought) contains lead which is toxic and cancerous. I've seen most people suggest to solder outside, however it's cold lol. I could setup a table in the garage,... show more I need to learn how to solder tonight. I bought an iron, flux, latex gloves, and paper masks.

I am aware that common flux (and the one i bought) contains lead which is toxic and cancerous.

I've seen most people suggest to solder outside, however it's cold lol.

I could setup a table in the garage, however, not only would this be uncomfortable, I doubt keeping my electronics in the cold of my garage is a good idea. (It's 48 degrees outside right now).

I am also concerned about potential smoke setting off the fire alarm (experienced solderers: does it emit a ton of smoke?)

Obviously, the safe answer is to solder outside, however do u think it's ok if i solder in my house.