Disneyland or California Adventure?

I'm going to SoCal for Spring Break in two weeks with my family (staying in Palm Desert but doing day trips to LA/Beverly Hills, San Diego, Newport Beach, etc.), and on Monday the 28th, we're planning on going to Disneyland. We have reservations booked at a nearby hotel so it's pretty much a done deal.

However, if the 1-day park hopper might be a bit above our budget considering we're only spending a day there, want to make the most of it, and the fact that it is already going to be a gongshow cause of break, which park is more worth it? I'm out of town, but have experienced both parks and are veteran visitors (3x visitor to Cali plus 1x at Florida). The last time though, we stayed longer so we got the park hopper. But which park would be better just for the day? Disneyland has all the classics and is historic, but California Adventure is more modern and also has many other fun attractions to choose (RSN, Soarin', etc.)…so which park would you recommend and why?

Favorite Answer

Disneyland for sure! California Adventure has drastically improved with all the refurbs over the past years, but it still doesn't warrant the name of a day park quite yet. CA has great thrill rides like California Screaming and Hollywood Tower of Terror, but I feel like Disneyland has great thrill rides too. This is just my own opinion, but I feel like for CA filler rides, when I have a park hopper, I don't go on them because I don't they're worth my time. Whenever I go to Disneyland, I even go on the "filler" rides because of the nostalgia factor, like the Fantasyland dark rides. Disneyland just has more rides that can be enjoyed.

Disneyland is also so much better for people watching! And with all the 60th anniversary stuff going on, a lot more is happening on the Disneyland side. Rare characters are making showings. Star Wars Land is being built, so no Rivers of America, Tom Sawyers Island, Disneyland Railroad, or Fantasmic. But, you can now freely go onto the Mark Twain Riverboat and the Disneyland trains to explore! Bands play on the Mark Twain and rare characters show up there and it's really fun!

Not to mention, now that Aladdin the Musical has left CA and, I think, Mad Tea Party soon, CA only has World of Color as a major show, and I don't particularly enjoy World of Color nearly as much as Fantasmic. However, Disneyland's 60th anniversary shows are amazing and have become lauded by the fanbase for being some of the best we've ever seen! The Paint the Night parade is amazing! And if you watch from Main St. and rush out into the middle of the Main St. after it's done, you get prime spots for the Disneyland Forever fireworks afterwards. All the projections on Main St. are amazing.

Totally go to Disneyland. It's worth your money for the nostalgia, overall experience, and shows.

• OC1999

No matter how many times you ask this, the answer really doesn't change. You are really the only one who can answer this question. You are familiar with both parks, you know what your interest are and where you had a better time last time you were there.

In the last 3 1/2 years...

CA Adventure gained a new World of Color show, a new Carsland Ride(just opened) but lost Luigi's Flying Tires, The Aladin Musical and Muppet Vision.

In Disneyland you gained a new Fireworks show and Paint the Night Parade(which IMO together should be a high priority on your Todo list). It also gained a temporary Star Wars overlay of Space Mountain. But you have temporarily lost the Railroad and all River Attractions, as well as the Jungle cruise and Autopia.

If you are going to be there from open to close, and it is within your budget then go for the Park Hopper. If not, then choose which park interest you most.

Well this is ultimately going to depend on you. But just pointers: Disneyland is definitely a go if you have small kids and California Adventure if you have teenagers/young adults.

Personally, I guess I'll choose Disneyland, I'm not so much of the getting on rides crowd, so for me Disneyland is better because it has more sightseeing.

If I was coming to Southern California, I would go to Disneyland.

The first time I went, they made you buy tickets for both parks.

When I went to California Adventure, I was not that impressed.

But that was a few years ago.

Last year I went that direction, I picked Disneyland.

So, this year...

California Adventure

I just came back from disneyland last night. Disneyland is definitely more fun for me, but it's more crowded. There are more attractions and great places to eat, but California Adventures is great as well. The World of Color show is absolutely amazing, you should go. But besides these two parks, I also went to Universal Studios, and you should go too. Universal Studios has awesome shows and rides. They are more action-packed and use a lot of stuff used for movie-making so they all look so cool.

Yea, I'd go with California Adventure it has better rides and is more for adults whereas Disneyland, like many others have said is geared more towards children.

California Adventure it's more for teenagers and there is a bunch of little kids @ Disneyland and it's super f*cking crowded all the time and California adventure is more spaced out and the rides are way dope