Madeline asked in HealthMental Health · 5 years ago

Whats wrong with me?

So I've been done with school since January. Basically I just sit around the house. And no matter how hard I try, I can't get to sleep before 5 a.m. I'm always very tired, cold, nauseous, dizzy, lightheaded, and I have foggy thoughts and anxiety. I'm extremely afraid and jumpy lately. I imagine things in my head and freak out, I have panic attacks. I dissociate on a daily basis. Depending on the day I'll either eat once a day or I'll just binge all day long. Always extremely tired. I would sleep 14 hours a day when I first got out of school. I have no motivation, I'm very sad. I wake up around 2 p.m, but even on days where I wake up earlier than that to try and fix my schedule I just can't seem to get to bed before 5. Also, I feel very weak. I shake a lot. In between the nausea and stomach pain I also have either diarrhea or constipation. Also, my breasts are so much less firm than they were. Now they're just really squishy like you can't feel any muscle underneath at all. Could this be muscle loss from doing nothing all day? I want to fix this and I want to be healthier. I was healthy but I feel myself getting so much worse. I know I probably sound so lazy. But I just don't know what to do I'm having a hard time, and I just get so mad at myself like I should be fixing it but I don't know how, I feel f**ked in the head.

Help is extremely appreciated, xoxo.

Favorite Answer

Being tired will do strange things to you. Almost all the things you named could be signs of exhaustion. When you are tired you get cold, that's normal, everyone notices that (a lot of people turn up the thermostat at night because of that), being dizzy is a sign of physical exhaustion, just like being light-headed. The nausea might be caused by the light-headedness. Also anxiety and the foggy thoughts are signs of exhaustion. Being between an awake state and sleep state can indeed cause you to dissociate from yourself.

Your tiredness might also go hand in hand with not eating much. The less you eat, the less energy your body/ organs have to function normally. It makes you feel drowsy and weak, shaky/ unsteady on the legs, etc. You start binging because on some days you eat almost nothing, your body tries to fill it back up, so you start binging. Normal cause and effect. The stomach pain, diarrhea and constipation probably are also coming about because of bad eating habits (so could the nausea btw).

Have you lost weight? That might be the cause of your breasts feeling less firm. Also: if you eat less, your body might 'raise' your fatty tissues, because it thinks it is starving (normal fight-flight effect from our ancestors when food was scarce).

My tips:

- Take 1-2mg (max. 5!) of melatonin at 8(!) at night (hormone that your body makes yourself, but since your day-and-night rhythm is f*cked, you might need it for a while to restore the normal balance)

- Set alarms to remind you to eat multiple times a day: start eating girl! And somewhat healthy, even if you only eat an apple/ orange or a baked/ cooked egg (protein is good against 'burning up' muscles).

- If you sit behind the tv/ pc/ smartphone at night: get an app/ programm/ widget to make the screen less bright (example: f.lux for windows or some kind of 'blue light filter' for your phone). For the TV or in general it's more uhm, tricky... get red light bulbs in your lamps. Normal bright light keeps you awake and makes you not make melatonin at the time your body does need to make it. Keep the room you stay in at night/ evening as dark as you can. Red light is still good enough to read with, but it doesn't keep you awake like bright white light does.

- After waking up 'wash' your face with an icecube to wake up. Don't forget to pay extra attention to your eyes (mostly it will be your eyes feeling heavy and tired, what makes you feel tired/ drowsy). This one's great against dark circles under the eyes as well...

Source(s): Dealing with a sleeping disorder (DSPS--> Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome) for over 15 years, having the same symptoms you mention. The melatonin tip is my own treatment, approved and prescribed by my neurologist.

Again you've asked the same question 🙋 and again I'll advise you to go to the doctor 😷

Make some friends, exercise.