I'm a 35 year old male. My goals are financial freedom and over $90 k per year... I have two opportunities, I can go for nursing or plumber?

• Donald
    Best Answer

Plumber. Definitely.

You can work as a plumber for awhile and learn the business. Then you can start your own business and earn well over $90,000 a year.

either one of those fields you'd need training in. I suspect you have training in neither. One is a business of your own (do you know a lot of people, and have given them the impression you're trustworthy, and are you a go-getter?) and the other is a frustrating job, stress related, they're short handed, probably would work shifts. They are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT types of jobs. One is a clean job and one is a dirty business. The other thing you'd have to consider is to start on one you'd need uniforms, reports ability, etc. And on the other you'd need equipment (do you have the money for the equipment, state licensing, etc.?).

I don't think you've thought this thing thru. I'm not so sure they'd take you into nurses training at 35. You could go for CNA (maybe a 14 week course then you'd need to take a state license) but CNA's work their butts off having maybe 10 clients each day to take care of.

I'd say at your age you don't want to spend more or a lot of money on schooling unless for sure you'd be able to pay that back. If you do plumbing you might have to join a union.

• PATMAN

Nursing takes 6 years of University education, then working lots of nights and weekends and lots of blood

.

Being a Plumber takes 12 months of trade school and a 2 year apprenticeship.

• PATMAN
      4 years agoReport

the only way you will make $90K a year is to work overtime.

go get an engineering degree and move to Silicon Valllayyyyeeee

It's a little late to be working toward a nursing career. Plumbing is a much more practical choice, but don't expect to jump in and start making $90K anytime in the near future. It'll take time and you have to be willing to stick with it.

• Jane

I wonder if you've looked in detail at either of these, since you aspire to earn over $90k pa?

Research the advertised opportunities for qualified in both roles, within your travel to work area-then you can action-plan to train and gain the necessary experience- if the opportunities suggest the salary you seek.

• Willie

Be both.