Can I get my programs back when Microsoft has a major update in Windows 10 and they disappear?

• TWB
    Favorite Answer

No, M$ has deemed those programs unacceptable and will keep uninstalling them. With Windows 10, M$ can install or delete anything it wants on your puter anytime it wants. Their attitude is, tough we now control you and your puters and there is nothing you can do about it.

Source(s): TWB 35+ years of experience in the service industry. You name it, I have probably fixed it. I did not design it, I did not build it, I did not break it, but I am the one who can fix it. What that means is that I have spent a life time taking these things apart and seeing how they are made. The difficult we do right away, the impossible just takes a little longer. I hear voices, so please be quiet so I can listen to them.

Yup, simply reinstall the removed programs.

Edit: No, that's what what I mean. It wasn't a weekly update that caused the programs to be uninstalled. It was the equivalent of a service pack, a major update to the OS. That particular update was released in November but it's only being rolled out slowly. Some programs were identified that could cause the update to fail in a big way. Microsoft is working with the affected vendors so that they won't have to have their stuff uninstalled in the future when one of these upgrades is released.

• Smokies Hiker
      4 years agoReport

You mean we may be re-installing programs like CCleaner, SUPERAntiVirus, Firefox and who knows what programs weekly in the future? Those are just some of the programs that have been affected so far.