Do I need to Bleed my brake lines again?

I just replaced my Brake Booster, my Master Cylinder, and both front Brake lines. I bench bled the MC and bled my brake lines once. I replaced the said parts because my brakes were wearing down constantly due to constant pressure. I took it for a short drive and my pedal is firm but not tight, definitely not loose. However my braking speed was slow. It never went to the floor, and stopped every time, it was just somewhat delayed. I had to push longer to stop the same distance. Should I rebleed my system??

Go ahead and bleed it again if you're not sure all the air came out. If the brake pedal is hard when the motor is off and you pump the brake pedal you probably don't have air in the lines.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • ?

If your brake pedal is firm and holding steady and not slowly going all the way to the floor, then it's probably NOT air in the brake lines. If you have drum brakes, then perhaps the problem is that the brake shoes need to be adjusted

You need to bleed at each of the 4 wheels starting with the one farthest from the master cylinder. What I usually find is you have to go around twice.