promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 years ago

In the book "Lone Survivor" are you struck by the language that Luttrell uses in telling his story?

His writing style reads like a cross between professional journalism and a contemporary author skilled at redneck flourishes. He writes like an amazing author and I'm probably not the type that fits his audience: not into combat, very liberal oriented, openly gay, Asian and in the Air Force.

I like the part when he describes his training under Billy, the former Green Beret. Billy operated on a full pre-SEAL training program for teenagers. He had Marcus in the gym pumping iron, hauling machines and driving his body to the limit. I love that line from Billy "I'm here to get you right - fit, trained and ready for SEALs...I'm not getting one dime from anyone to do this. And that is why you're gonna do it right, just don't waste my time."

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

You are aware that he had a co-author who did the a tual writing based on their conversations...

I'll forgive you for being Air Force.

Source(s): 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.