Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 years ago

In the book "Lone Survivor" are you struck by the language that Luttrell uses in telling his story?

His writing style reads like a cross between professional journalism and a contemporary author skilled at redneck flourishes. He writes like an amazing author and I'm probably not the type that fits his audience: not into combat, very liberal oriented, openly gay, Asian and in the Air Force.

I like the part when he describes his training under Billy, the former Green Beret. Billy operated on a full pre-SEAL training program for teenagers. He had Marcus in the gym pumping iron, hauling machines and driving his body to the limit. I love that line from Billy "I'm here to get you right - fit, trained and ready for SEALs...I'm not getting one dime from anyone to do this. And that is why you're gonna do it right, just don't waste my time."

You are aware that he had a co-author who did the a tual writing based on their conversations...

I'll forgive you for being Air Force.

Source(s): 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer