I would love to know which musical Keyboard is better?

I don t know much about keyboards and I would love to know which one is better. I want to become a professional singer and I don t know which keyboard I should buy, thank you

Yamaha DGX230 76-Key Digital Piano Pack with Stand, Power Supply, and Headphones-http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-DGX230-76-Key-Digital...

Casio Inc. CTK2400 PPK 61-Key Premium Portable Keyboard Package with Samson HP30 Headphones, Stand and Power Supply- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZEW4XS/ref=as...

• Tim
    Favorite Answer

Hi Reshm. Casio is famous for making keyboards that have a lot of features for the price, but they do not offer a viable professional line of instruments. Yamaha usually has fewer features but has a much higher quality at an equal price. Yamaha instruments are used throughout the professional world.

BTW, You have done well shopping. You should always have a proper stand for a keyboard and the power supply is often sold separately for a higher price. You get a much better deal when you buy those packages. I hope you will also get a proper piano bench to sit on. Good posture while playing is very important.

• Reshm4 years agoReport

Thank you!(:

• Yoda

In this case, the Yamaha is the one to go for: it is more expensive because it has 76 notes instead of 61, and the quality of build and sound sampling will be higher.

When buying a keyboard, it is always good to shop around. At that price range, you can get a much better second-hand keyboard than you can buy new.

Other things to consider: speaker size (how powerful they are in watts). Does the keyboard come with USB attachment so you can connect it to a PC? How many layers do the samples have: e.g., 2, 3, or 4?

If you want to learn piano, find a weighted keyboard with 88 keys. Expect to pay £400-500 for something like that.

In general terms, the longer the keyboard (the more notes it has), the more tunes you can play with it.

For technical reasons, I'd prefer Yamaha to Casio.