I would love to know which musical Keyboard is better?

I don t know much about keyboards and I would love to know which one is better. I want to become a professional singer and I don t know which keyboard I should buy, thank you

Yamaha DGX230 76-Key Digital Piano Pack with Stand, Power Supply, and Headphones-http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-DGX230-76-Key-Digital...

Casio Inc. CTK2400 PPK 61-Key Premium Portable Keyboard Package with Samson HP30 Headphones, Stand and Power Supply- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZEW4XS/ref=as...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Tim
    Lv 7
    4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Reshm. Casio is famous for making keyboards that have a lot of features for the price, but they do not offer a viable professional line of instruments. Yamaha usually has fewer features but has a much higher quality at an equal price. Yamaha instruments are used throughout the professional world.

BTW, You have done well shopping. You should always have a proper stand for a keyboard and the power supply is often sold separately for a higher price. You get a much better deal when you buy those packages. I hope you will also get a proper piano bench to sit on. Good posture while playing is very important.

• Reshm4 years agoReport

Thank you!(:

• Login to reply the answers
  • Yoda
    Lv 6
    4 years ago

In this case, the Yamaha is the one to go for: it is more expensive because it has 76 notes instead of 61, and the quality of build and sound sampling will be higher.

When buying a keyboard, it is always good to shop around. At that price range, you can get a much better second-hand keyboard than you can buy new.

Other things to consider: speaker size (how powerful they are in watts). Does the keyboard come with USB attachment so you can connect it to a PC? How many layers do the samples have: e.g., 2, 3, or 4?

If you want to learn piano, find a weighted keyboard with 88 keys. Expect to pay £400-500 for something like that.

In general terms, the longer the keyboard (the more notes it has), the more tunes you can play with it.

• 4 years ago

For technical reasons, I'd prefer Yamaha to Casio.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.