Mary asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 5 years ago

Is Yahoo! Answers closing down?

I heard a rumor going around about that and I wanna know if it is.. Hope it isn't but then again Yahoo is pretty lazy in regards to the company itself.

Favorite Answer

It may be, with a new owner taking over and loss of jobs for many folks who works for Yahoo and pushing all the work on people in India who have techs who are confuse on how to fix things I can see it going downhill.

Not very many staffs are left, there are NO UK or USA YAT anymore so there is no one to report to.

The spammers are from India and that is how they make money if you call that/those numbers. (but I wouldn't do it if you know what I mean).

Since this is a free site those ads pays for the upkeep of this site.

I don't think there will be any big banners tell us is is shutting down, when it shuts down it will SHUT DOWN without any notice.

Maybe one morning you come on here and it is ALL GONE..:(

Yahoo has been making cutbacks and getting ridnof a few things. Like the comics.

Answers is potentially up because it's not a core service, but there's no definitive word on it yet.

• fizixx

This has been taking place the past year!

Trolls & poor technical expertise on yahoo's part have taken a great toll.

This is why you must cough up the money for technical people AND get rid of the troll-trash you attract. Yahoo has done neither, and now here we are. Gee, imagine that.

Until we all see a big announcement from Yahoo, nobody knows. With Yahoo potentially being for sale, it is possible YA will not survive.

Yahoo is still deciding what to do. It is a good possibility.

😸 𝘽𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 😸

2/28/2016

• Mercy

It may be sold. Whether the new owner will keep the "Yahoo Answers/Questions" sections going , no one knows.