Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 years ago

Britons! Are you with Cameron on the referendum? Do you fall for big business fallacy that the economy will fail you leave sinking Eurozone?

British and American big investors threaten the British public with failure of its economy if Brexit happens. Dont go with the sinking ship of Europe. Europe needs Britain. They are falling apart and want to bring Britain down with them.

I meant Euro Union, not Eurozone. Pardon my American mistake.

Favorite Answer

No - I think BIG business concerns with established EU connections are exaggerating the potential downside...hoping to avoid developing new markets.

Fair dues, a UK based corporation will naturally prefer to trade a few 100 miles from say London...but these concerns are the very ones which tend to invest £ millions...on SCALING BACK on employees via automated production methods (inc Robotics) whereas SMALLER expanding businesses take on more.

The latter find it harder to cope/comply with all the EU regulations/red tape etc - and in an age of faster and faster GLOBAL communications (transport and satellite conferencing, etc)...in which ENGLISH is far more commonly spoken/understood than German or even French...I'm far more optimistic about the UK economy

thriving OUT of Herr Merkel's dominated Euroland.

Yes...there might well be an initial set back...similar to the immediate post-WWII period...and the Wilson/Callaghan Labour Government's period of MISmanagement (when the IMF had to bail us out) but we are

far too inventive and innovative a Nation to fail. The scaremongering pessimists and those with vested interests

backing the SOFT option will hopefully fail to 'win' the Referendum.

• Dustbindiva
      4 years agoReport

Brilliant. We should have such well-versed government officials as yourself here in the U.S. Are you in public policy or diplomacy?

• Mike W

The UK may have a tough choice to make. They maintain their own currency, but while they're in the EU the Pound will be affected by the Euro. They have the Commonwealth to consider when deciding whether on not to remain in the EU. There was concern about how the European Common Market would affect their relations with Commonwealth nations, maybe that's still one of their concerns with the EU.

No but events in the EU may overtake what happens in the UK.

Because if the EU can't agree on a common policy or strategy to tackle the refugee crisis that has been on its external borders for well over a year now, that has moved to its internal borders what hope has it got for the long term future.

This refugee crisis will in time tear the EU (as we now know it) apart as it has exposed the EU for what it really is "an expensive oversized overrated talking shop" that at the first time of trouble has been found to be wanting.

But I suspect this refugee crisis will not completely destroy the EU, but instead change it back to something what it was in the late 1970s early 1980s.

Voting to remain in the EU will give the suits in Brussels more authority over how we are governed, that will include forcing the UK to adopt the Euro as its currency and our military to be handed over to a European military force. These are just two of the long term plans that Brussels has in mind for the UK.

I love the idea of a United Europe. But Europe isn't America, there is no unity and too much political correctness for the EU to function.

I'm heading towards Out, I didn't think I would agree with Michael Howard

the Day the UK leaves the EU the Pound will increase in Value the Anchor will have been Removed

On investigation most of our former ministers who work in EU have their families tied up in jobs at Brussels,

it's seem's to be one big clique ..most are unelected, ....OUT

Norway is coping very well after leaving the EU, so what is the problem, many are asking.

I want out NOW. I'm not taken in by all the scare mongering