Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 years ago

Why do women think we can read minds?

Just tell me what you want, in simple plain english - why can't women just do that?

Favorite Answer

You are supposed to read non verbal cues, not minds

• yowsa

Women can read other women's minds. They can have a whole conversation by various facial expressions and frowns without saying a word. They think we can speak the language too. Sometimes we can, like when we get "the look" meaning- you just said something stupid. Mostly, we don't have a freakin' clue what they're saying or not saying.

I think a large part of it is the way we're socialized as girls. We're unconsciously taught to use passive, non-confrontational language rather than asking directly for what we want. I've tried to reject that way of communicating, because I have been on the receiving end far too often.

It's how they were brought up. Including thinking that they can have hundreds of sex partners, fail their marriages and life, and expect at 35-40 a prince to pick them up and treat him like garbage but the prince will stay.

We are brought up to be very sensitive to a man's ego. Our men should not feel threatened or emasculated or small. I remember asking my husband to wash some dishes when I was at work and was taken to task by a colleague for "emasculating" him. Huh! You can't ask your own husband to wash the dishes?

So, we can't appear greedy, or controlling, or judgemental.

It's hard being a woman.

Because they can read other female minds, so they think of female minds as readable.

They don't fully realize how dense we are about non-verbal language, that's why.

• Hannah

No. We don't, but we expect you to be able to understand us and have some people-skills.

Because some of us expect of you guys to simply know what we mean, read the signs and hints, it makes some of us feel special, loved, understood. Oh and it’s also cus many of us like drama :D

• They don't like to look desperate or needy.