Alex asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 5 years ago

Im intrested in joining the military?

Marines specifically and i have two years left of school and im thinking about what i will be asked and what to say when i first talk to a recruiter, when i first call the recruiter what do i say exactly? And i want to make an appointment to meet the recruiter to talk more about scheduling to go to MEPS and all that confusing stuff. What to say? Thanks

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should always have good questions, whether you interview for a job, are buying a car, or are considering enlisting. It does two things. It actually answers your questions and it shows you have interest.

You do not simply say that you are interested in joining and then sit there like a bump on a log. Communication is a two way street. You should have specific questions.

Ask your recruiter what it means when people say, "We're fighting for our freedoms." Ask how our constitution in threatened by so many countries around the world.

Ask for evidence for the line, "They hate us for our freedoms." How do people know this? Was a poll done?

Ask him if intervention is really about oil. Show him the comments made by generals, politicians, and Alan Greenspan saying that it is about oil. General John Abizaid said, "Of course it’s about oil, it’s very much about oil, and we can’t really deny that." Former Defense Secretary Chuck Hegel acknowledged oil saying, "We’re not there for figs." Ask him if he agrees with that.

Ask him if he thinks there were WMD in Iraq. Ask him if it was a handful of inert, low quality, obsolete, and mostly useless items from the 1980s, or something else. Ask him about the former statement made by a former CIA deputy director about WMD. Former CIA Director Michael Morrell apologized to Colin Powell, saying, "We said he [Saddam Hussein] has chemical weapons, he has a biological weapons production capability, and he's restarting his nuclear weapons program. We were wrong on all three of those."

Ask him why the American consumer never benefited from this oil. Ask him if some people made money off the oil, but American taxpayers got stuck footing the bill.

Ask him if he thinks the military has become a bloated and an unwelcome presence in the world. Ask him if he thinks the phrase "World's Policeman" has almost become a parody.

Ask him why the CIA supply the "good" rebels one year, but then disavows them and makes fake beheading videos when those rebels are no longer useful.

Ask him what he thinks of organizations like Iraq Vets Against the War and Vietnam Vets Against the War.

• 5 years ago

You need to remember, recruiters lie. Ask anyone in the military, recruiters lie.

What to say? Say "I'm interested in becoming a Marine." The recruiter will take it from there.

Remember, no matter what the recruiter says, get it in writing before you believe it.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

All you need say is "I'm interested in joining and what can you tell me about the Marines?" The recruiter's job is to answer your questions, plus give you information you don't even realize you need.

• 5 years ago

Just join

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Anyone interested in serving this country is aight with me. We need as many soldiers as possible. Just don't have relations with another male and you'll do just fine :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.