Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 years ago

I'm a gay and I'm trying to figure out if another guy likes me or just being nice?

A guy who I've known classes together seems to always sit next to me in class. We would walk in together and he would always choose the seat next to me, and if we can't sit across from each other he would move so he can sit behind me--I came to class late once and he was sitting in the seat behind the one I always sit in. When he sits, he stretches his legs into my personal space and our feet are right next to each other. Once in awhile, he would wait for me and we would walk out of class together. When he stares at me his stare is very penetrating and tends to linger for a bit. My friends have even noticed him approaching me at school and sitting next to me in the library or staring at me from afar. We're also studying together soon and I don't want to feel awkward around him. When I saw him only as a friend I was able to be myself, but now I'm becoming more and more attracted to him and have developed strong feelings for him and I'm becoming shy around him, which I don't like. The thing is, I don't think he's gay mainly because he's an athlete and is on our college's baseball team and he has talked about how he wants to have a family one day, but I usually don't have other guys being this nice to me before so I don't know how to feel...can anyone offer advice?

• dbccaf
    Favorite Answer

I suggest you get closer to him as a friend. There's a 50/50 chance he likes you, or is just being nice. Being closer friends with him means he might get closer to you physically and you'll get a better understanding of whether he likes you as a friend or more than one. Does he know that you're gay? If he does, the chance is higher that he actually likes you. Don't think that him being an athlete and on the baseball team makes him a straight guy, since it's a little stereotypical. I know some pretty masculine gay and bi guys, and some of my lesbian friends are very feminine.

Having a family doesn't necessarily mean having a wife, and creating a child with her. Whatever gender your partner is, adopting is an option, or even having a surrogate mother. Ha, also, why was he talking about wanting a family while you were around? Or was the topic of the conversation just each others opinions on things?

Even if he doesn't like you as more than a friend, he's definitely fond of you, and I do recommend getting closer to him. You could try doing similar things to what he does and seeing how he reacts. Try to observe his reactions in certain situations, like if you catch him looking at you, when you smile at him, if your faces are really close, or when you go over to him in the library and sit next to him. Also, try to get a good seat next to him when you guys study.

Please just ask a girl out instead.