Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 years ago

Would you rather have a homosexual child, or an athiest child with cancer?

Favorite Answer

My stepdaughter DID have cancer (leukemia), and whether or not she was gay or a believer was the last thing on our minds. My wife was a Mormon at the time, and I can tell you, children at that age are not allowed to choose their religion. So whether they are atheist or not is moot--they never get that choice.

I was an "agnostic" at the time, when my wife and I started seeing each other, and I was not anti-religion at all, and was quite fine with her being a Mormon. The church gave us a bunch of trouble though and excommunicated her, although they tried to get us to let them take the kids for indoctrination.

We didn't let them, but later as they matured into their teens, we never stopped them if they wanted to go to any church. The child with Leukemia was successfully treated and went into remission and her cancer never came back. She later befriended a group of nondenominational Christians when she was in high school and I didn't stop her--in fact, I drove her to church. As she continued growing up and finding other friends, she stopped and now leads a mostly secular life. Not sure if she believes in a god or not--and it's not important to me, because although they were indoctrinated as children, my wife and I actually gave the kids a choice and stopped letting other adults force them to go to churches, Bible studies, etc.

If I had a gay child, I would accept and love them the same. If they chose religion of their own free will, that's their choice--and I wouldn't be happy about it, but I certainly would not treat them bad as long as they didn't try to push it on me or other family members.

Hope this helps.

This is an odd question, but... as a Christian, I'd definitely rather have a homosexual child. There's nothing wrong with being atheist either, obviously. I just wouldn't want to put a child through cancer if I had the choice.

Like the others asked, why would you ask such a question? Why would you ask a question associating homosexuality--something you know is wrong and not right in the eyes of Christians or a lot of people with a child being Cancer-stricken so you can somehow validate a sexually-depraved desire/lifestyle as being preferable to being Cancer-stricken?

Homosexual child, having a child with cancer has to be heart breaking to say the least

• Tomp

I really do not know how I can state how much loathing I have for the likes of you. Your question betrays a perversion that goes beyond what normal society deems as disgusting.

That you feel fit to equate a person's sexuality with another's hypothetical cancer based on their disbelief in a god is....well, the words putrid, rancid and rotten do not even begin to describe the malodorous stench that your question suggests of you.

It does not surprise me that you hide behind a blue anonymous badge (if I were that loathsome and cowardly, I would too).

All I can say that you can think yourself lucky, you slimy sliver of vermin, you abject verminous coward, that we allow the likes of you to breath the same oxygen, though that we do is beyond me.

I sincerely hope that your parents cannot produce any more offspring. Your mother certainly makes a good case for abortion on demand, that's for sure.

Do the world a favour and die. You are a waste of skin.

Both. The homosexual child could still adopt, and the one with cancer can be cured both of cancer and religious belief.

• Cassie

Gay child. Because unlike the atheist child with cancer, it wouldn't be dying from that...

Plus I find gay love just as beautiful as straight love, anyway, and absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of!

What the heck kind of question is this, anyway?! It is kind of disturbing! :S

nether i would rather have a non practicing homosexual child one that repented of his sins. and i would rather have an Atheist child repent and believe the gospel and be baptized into Christ and be both saved. Thanks for the question friend. God bless.

I'd rather hope YOU don't have children.

Why on Earth are those the only two choices?