Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 4 years ago

Why didn't Christian Cage hold The WWE Championship for 4,040 days?

He's such an "Underrated" and "Buried" Professional Wrestling talent look at his unrecognized career outside of World Wrestling Entertainment in which Total Nonstop Action themselves no longer recognizes [Along with R-Truth being TNA NWA Champion].

Two time World Heavyweight Champion, Two time ECW Champion, Four Time, WWE Intercontinental Champion, WWE European Champion, WWE Hardcore Champion, WWE Light Heavyweight Champion and

NINE time WWE Tag Team Championship. Surely, Christian Cage was "Buried" in WWE.

Update:

The Professional Wrestling fans are delusional if they believe Christian Cage was more over in World Wrestling Entertainment in 2005 then John Cena.

Update 2:

"But back in his prime he had a lot more charisma and in-ring ability than roman reigns, sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Batista, Randy Orton, etc, and he is a better WRESTLER than John Cena." The Professional Wrestling fans are delusional if anything Christian Cage was always on par Charisma wise with ADR & Randy Orton, Sheamus & Batista always had more Charisma then Captain Charisma. He was not a better Professional Wrestler then John Cena, his matches don't provide the evidence.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Christian deserves recognition for what he did outside of wwe, if tna doesn't recognize the nwa championship they should.

But he didn't have the charisma to be champion that long, I actually remember wwe pushing Christian over edge when they first broke up and Christian holding the ic championship quite a bit, winning a lot of major rivalries against bigger stars like booker and ddp.

He was booked well in wwe, it does seem like he left just because he wasn't getting the top championship, he went to tna was on top for a little while until angle and sting got there and then went back to wwe, which it really seemed like he left again because he wasn't getting the top championship.

It's either really smart of Christian or really egotistical, maybe both

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Wwe Christian Cage

• 4 years ago

WWE didn't use Christian right when the attitude era went away and those guys all stopped being tag teams with ladder matches. They couldn't give him an interesting singles career. TNA made Christian Cage a legend from day one. I remember his debute promo. "Im here because the WWE is old, boring, and lacking direction".

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

He was never more over than Cena, but he was a good wrestler. Was he great? No. But back in his prime he had a lot more charisma and in-ring ability than roman reigns, sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, Batista, Randy Orton, etc, and he is a better WRESTLER than John Cena.

EDIT: Yup I'm 100% convinced you're a troll and I'm not going to waste my time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

I think he should have at least had one WWE championship run. Even if it was only for a month. I think WWE should be willing to take chances with people. Christian was entertaining during his 2005 run. He should have had a longer WHC run than he did.

• 4 years ago

what is that 12 years? come on the last run in wwe when he was champion for what a week was really really really stupid. was he 3 time wwe champion in a 2 month period and was champion for a total of 10 days? that is some bad booking.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

You got that backwards. He wished to be WWE world champion for 4,040 days.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.