Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 years ago

How to get a bank account in DEP?

I need a checking account before I go to boot camp, but I have no clue what to do or Who to pick. I am lost right now.

Favorite Answer

Pick any bank (except Bank of America. They're a horrible bank). You just need to have your bank's routing number and your checking account number with you when you go to boot. After you're done boot, switch to USAA. I've done all my banking and insurance with them ever since I finished AIT. They're great.

If you pick a nationwide bank, it'll be easier to close your account with them when you switch. If you pick a local bank, you'd have to do it when home on leave some time.

• Mark B
      4 years agoReport

Good on everything except don't use a bank. Use a credit union, USAA, or Navy Federal. I had a bad experience with Finance Center Federal Credit Union, but they are really just in Indianapolis.

Exactly what living said. I would suggest US bank since they have opening rates to new credit scores that are generally high. This is good for you because you've never opened an account before. Also if I'm not mistaken they can open up an account for you at basic

Source(s): USMC 0861 poolee
  • NWIP

Navy Federal Credit Union or USAA are your best options. NFCU is world wide with actual branches overseas as well as in the US on bases/posts. They do have a special account for those Active. USAA is different in that they have maybe 1 or 2 actual branches and an agreement for ATM use up to $20 in fees per month.

please drop out of dep

your to stupid to be in the military