Applying for West Point?

I m a junior in high school. My ***. GPA is 3.99. Haven t taken an ACT/SAT yet. My counselor took me aside and asked me about joining one of the military academies (West Point/Naval Academy/Air Force). She stressed that I have good morals, don t do anything illegal, and am very gifted mentally. She also said it... show more I m a junior in high school. My ***. GPA is 3.99. Haven t taken an ACT/SAT yet. My counselor took me aside and asked me about joining one of the military academies (West Point/Naval Academy/Air Force). She stressed that I have good morals, don t do anything illegal, and am very gifted mentally. She also said it would get me a free college education. And she mentioned that people going straight to West Point don t do basic training. First, I m wondering if someone can verify all of that. And 2nd, I have some questions.
1. How hard is the physical training/requirements? Running wise, I should be good. I run marathons and am running all the time. That should be fine. But I m worried about the strength portion. What would be a good training regimen to prepare for that?
2. I know I d be registered military after this, but what are the chances of getting deployed? And am I in anyway obligated to attend drills one weekend a month (my sister is National Guard, and she has to.)? I wouldn t mind it, but I m just wondering.