windows 10 update problem?

I just recently updated my asus 2 in 1 laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 everything worked properly up until the update now when i turn the screen over to use as a tablet the keyboard won't lock so my lap pushes all the buttons. i tried turning on tablet mode and auto screen rotation on but nothing is working. does anybody know how to fix issue?

• TWB
    Favorite Answer

It was pretty good at first, but after a while I ran into some problems. That seems to be a reoccurring theme. Windows 10 has forced updates and they can install anything they want anytime they want, including new drivers. The problems you're experiencing are probably from M$ installing a security update that didn't work correctly, or worse, a driver that does not belong on your lappy.

If it has been less then 30 days try this. Back up everything important and then try clicking Start, Settings, Update & security, Recovery, Go back to (last version).

If that does not work then it will depend on if M$ deleted your recovery partition. It is my opinion that M$ deletes the recovery partition to keep people from going back to their old OS. I guess if you write as many bad OSes as they do you got to find a way to make it look like everyone likes it. If the recovery partition has been deleted you are going to have to order the recovery DVD from the manufacture. If M$ did delete your recovery partition, post your make and model and I'll help you find a link to order them.

Keep in mind if the recovery partition is there and you use it then all data will be lost. You should back up anything you want to keep.

Try recovery from the recovery partition

When you press the power button start tapping the F key for your puter and the BIOS menu will open. Select recovery from the menu, answer the question and the recovery should begin. Depending on your puter this will take one to two hours.

Manufacturers BIOS menu F key

HP/Compaq ESC

ASUS Del

Sony F2

Samsung F4

Gateway, eMachines F10

Acer, Dell, Fijitsu, Gigabyte, Toshiba F12

Your BIOS menu should look something like this. Yours might be different. I am posting this to give you an idea of what it looks like.

ESC = BIOS menu

F1 = System Info

F2 = System Diagnostic

F9 = Boot Device options

F10 = BIOS Setup

Source(s): TWB 35+ years of experience in the service industry. You name it, I have probably fixed it. I did not design it, I did not build it, I did not break it, but I am the one who can fix it. What that means is that I have spent a life time taking these things apart and seeing how they are made. The difficult we do right away, the impossible just takes a little longer. I hear voices, so please be quiet so I can listen to them.

Whenever the update installs my Chrome doesnt start up right away, cant do anything in my files like renaming them and my wifi goes out.. I run the trouble shooter but it says everything is fine. I thought it was my internet but found out it was that update.. So each time it updates I have to go in and reset back to before the update just to get on line.. I need some help since I cant get rid of this POS... Its been well over the 30 days and I have no windows 7 disc :(

When you first initially download & install Windows 10, you are installing basically the Beta version. It will remain until 30 days, when 30 days have passed it will automatically download the latest patch, which will fix all the bugs many users have reported, such as the task bar features not responding or working. Assuming your "start" button doesn't work properly, you can put your curser over it & right click it, then click "system" And then look up on top where it says "Windows Edition". If it only says "windows 10" then you have the beta version and will have to wait at least 30 days before it will download the revision 1511. The latest version is Windows 10 Ver. 1511. Once that patch is installed, then windows 10 will run correctly.. The reason why you have to wait 30 days is to provide the user a chance to revert back to their previous OS if they choose to do so...