Why is Smackdown Vs. Raw now called WWE 2K?

I'm looking at a game called Smackdown Vs. Raw 2008 right now and a game called WWE 2K15 and I'm just wondering why the title was changed? I've always thought that the title was fine.

I've always also thought that the game play and the features to the game were better when it was called Smackdown Vs. Raw as well. The new game doesn't seem all that great. What happened?

Favorite Answer

Don't you keep up with wrestling. It used to be that raw and smackdown were 2 brands, sort of like the afc and nfc in the nfl. Every year there would be a draft to decide what wrestlers would wrestle for what brand. I think the tv company that got smackdown got the shorter end of the stick and it probably complained. Anyway the draft was eliminated and the two brands merged. Wrestlers would now wrestle on both shows so there's no point in having raw vs smackdown.