Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 5 years ago

Do you agree with Jeb Bush and Barack Hussein Obama? Should pregnant American women have to serve in combat ???

Favorite Answer

How did women registering for selective service become an "Obama is forcing pregnant women into battle" meme?

Could you please cite your source? I can't seem to find anything that states that either man said that women who are pregnant should have to serve in combat positions.

Honestly, I cannot imagine that military commanders would keep a woman in the field if she were pregnant and had given notice of her condition. Even in combat positions, there are jobs that are more rearward, and then there's being out there on patrol, humping 100 lbs of equipment and looking over the top of your gun as you move from place to place. One is, obviously, safer than the other.

As far as women serving in combat positions, I'm all for it. I think that it's impressive as hell that women can pass difficult training programs like Army Ranger training, since those programs are designed with men in mind, and include exercises which are very difficult for women to complete given the difference between men's bodies and our bodies. If a woman is qualified, and has passed her training, she's proven herself as a warrior, and should be allowed to fulfill the job of one in uniform, as a representative of our military forces.

I am a woman, and I think that the idea that women are delicate flowers to be protected is bunk. Women can be just as disciplined, just as tough, and just as dedicated to doing military jobs as men, and it's about damned time we let them do it if they've gone through the training and emerged successfully.

• Rayal

Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.

No pregnant woman soldier is being sent into combat. There is nothing in registering for the draft that guarantees you will see combat.

A pimple on his butt kept Rush Limbaugh from being drafted. I would think Pregnancy would do the same.

Now that it's a perfect world, women should be leading the charge into the face of the enemy. That would only be fair.

And there is NO EXCUSE for discriminating against pregnant women!!! In fact, it's against the law. Doh.

If fetuses shouldn't live off mother's body and be a drain on society. They should bear arms in defense of their country

That is both the funniest and the most ignorant post I've read today. Could you at least tell us where you heard that? I'm asking because this is the first I've heard of it.

• y

iIf they are not enlisted as of yet, and are pregnant, then they shouldn't be allowed to enlist. If they get pregnant while in the service, then they have damaged GI equipment, and should be charged for it and kicked out on their ***.

• Steve

How does the military handle pregnancy in those situations? I don't know and not many here probably do either. you may find a better answer to your question if you post this in the military section

Jebala is a RINO and Hussein founded ISIS. Make your own conclusions

who cares what those two think.

Send'em in the first wave and the second.They got a lot of "equality" to make up for.